When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
*2 positions available for an OT
Location: DFW and surrounding areas
Work Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and conducts programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities designed to help patients regain physical and or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps.
- Plans therapeutic care based on clinical assessment.
- Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities.
- Evaluates, records, and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates occupational therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate, utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Must be licensed as an Occupational Therapy in the State of Texas
- CPR certification for Healthcare Providers
- Automobile insurance required
- No experience required.
- New grads welcome to apply!
Loving Hands Home Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization.