When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
Occupational Therapy Assistant
*2 positions available for an OTA
Location: DFW and surrounding areas
Work Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out treatment plans that have been established by a licensed Occupational Therapist for patients.
- Collects assessment data, as part of the evaluation process, as directed by the supervising Occupational Therapist
- Documents patient/resident progress toward meeting established goals as stated in the treatment plan outlined by the supervising Occupational Therapist
- Prepares treatment materials and assists with other clerical duties as directed by the Occupational Therapist
- Participates with the Occupational Therapist in research projects, in-service training and public relations programs
- Completes documentation of direct treatment provided within established time frames
- Documents in computerized documentation system. Prepares correspondence and reports related to plan of care and patient progress.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Associates Degree or B.S. in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Must be licensed as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in the State of Texas
- CPR certification for Healthcare Providers
- Automobile insurance required
- No experience required.
- New grads welcome to apply!
Loving Hands Home Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization.