When days cannot be added to a life, we add life to remaining days. Our multidisciplinary teams offer culturally-sensitive, end-of-life and palliative care services to patients and their families at home or in assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals.
Physical Therapy Assistant
*2 positions available for a PTA
Location: DFW and surrounding areas
Work Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carries out treatment plans that have been established by a licensed physical therapist for patients.
- Directs and aids patients in therapeutic exercise, gait and functional training, applies therapeutic modalities, and performs other activities according to the plan of care established by the licensed physical therapist and as permitted by the State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Assists the physical therapist during patient testing, evaluations and complex procedures.
- Instructs patients on segments of the plan of care including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, canes braces and prosthetic appliances and devices.
- Documents in computerized documentation system. Prepares correspondence and reports related to plan of care and patient progress.
- Directs activities of technicians, students, and volunteers as assigned.
- Participates in performance improvement and program development as assigned, to include but not limited to: data gathering, chart reviews, compilation of data into a report.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Associates Degree or B.S. in Physical Therapy from an accredited program
- Must be licensed as a PTA in the state of Texas
- CPR certification for Healthcare Providers
- Automobile insurance required
- No experience required.
- New grads welcome to apply!
Loving Hands Home Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization.